The Best Way To Write A Research Paper About Depression
Depression is one of the major causes of concern among the urban as well as rural population. Many people suffer from this condition and especially with the economy; this diseasehas become a household name. It is little bit different from being sad but it is more or less an extreme case of sadness.
A research paper on this subject will require some serious study and understanding. If you are prepared to talk with the patients and go through the case files, it will be well worth the effort. Here are a few tips and suggestions that are sure to help you in the process.
Things you should keep in mind before you write a research paper on depression:
- - The first thing that you will have to do is narrow it down. A generic writing on the subject will be monotonous with often repeated facts. What you need to do is select a specific angle in which you can explore the topic. You can write on the various reasons of depression or the early symptoms and how a person can avoid it all together.
- - Once you have narrowed the perspective down, you will have to start digging for facts. Depending on the topic you will have to talk with patients, doctors or even relatives of the person suffering from depression.
- - You can go through case files at a local psychiatrist or read up on medical journals. You will definitely come across valuable inputs that will help you in your writing.
- - One mistake you are most likely to make when you are writing something as vast as a research paper is losing the flow and consistency. When students are writing a three page essay, they easily keep the flow consistent but when confronted with the task of writing a large research paper, they completely mess it up. You will have to plan ahead and create a rough draft accordingly.
- - The transition from one point to the next has to be smooth and effective. The reader may feel disoriented when they have to read an article with abrupt jumps and endings. Keep the language consistent throughout the writing. Use the same style and same words to denote one thing. This helps the readers recognize a word and understand what you are trying to say.
- - After you have finished with the drafts, do a thorough editing. You will also have to proofread the write-up before submission.