Practical Guidelines For Creating An APA Style Research Paper
The APA, or American Psychological Association, style is a format to be used with research papers, dissertation, and thesis papers. It covers four parts of the paper:
- 1. The content organization
2. The style of the piece’s writing
3. How it is cited
4. And possible publication preparation
Classes, which often require the APA format, are in the field of nursing, the business sector, and any of the social sciences such as psychology or sociology. Other classes, when directed by the instructor, may also use the APA format. Use our practical guidelines for creating an APA style research paper.
- - The font should be plain such as Tomes New Roman and it should be size 12
- - The entire paper should be double-spaced-the title will be spaced and then centered somewhat in the page
- - All margins (front, sides, and bottom) are size 1 “
- - You will have a running head. It is a short version of your essay title. It is not allowed to be more than 50 characters and it has a page number, too. The number is pressed up against the right margin.
- - There are found different and important parts to your essay. These different sections are the title page, the abstract section, the main body, and the reference page.
- - The actual title page will have several things on it. They will all be centered and also double-spaced. The page will have the paper title, the name of the author, and the school or college names.
- - The abstract is a brief overview. It should not be longer than 250 words. And it should not be less than 150 total words. It should contain your topic, your questions, your results, your data analysis, your participating people, and your end conclusion.
- - There are many different sources that could be cited in the reference page. You may want to bookmark a good source for this part of the paper. For the intext citation within the paper, you are going to use the author’s last name and the year of publication. These items go within parentheses and go right after the information you used.
There are many pieces to our practical guidelines for creating an APA style research paper. If you an use our guide, bookmark a good page, and find a sample to model your paper after, the job will go easier.